Thursday, June 10, 2010

~ Scribble Mitts ~

After finishing my scribble scarf, I was left with one ball of the Eskimo chunky wool  and some time to play with (as my dads train was running late) so off I went, I found a really old pattern from my school days that had a diagonal trellis effect and I wanted this but only on one side and so the Scribbble Mitts were born. This is a really easy pattern to follow for those of you interested I have posted it below. This wool makes the pattern a lot more complicated looking then it is, so if you are repeating this with plain yarn the effect will be quiet different.


The Pattern:
Note: when knitting across the row make sure your knitting into the back of all of the stitches, esp if using this pattern for the haze shrug.

1. This pattern was worked over 4 stitches. I cast on 20 stitches with a long tail cast on. 

2. Knit across the row.

3. P1, *Purl 3 stitches together keeping them on the left needle, yo, and Purl the same 3 stitches again, P1*. (This produces a fake star like pattern). Repeat * this to last 3 sts Purl 3 stitches together keeping them on the left needle, yo, and Purl the same 3 stitches again.

4. Knit across the row being careful to knit all the stitches and yo.

5. P3, Purl 3 stitches together keeping them on the left needle, yo, and Purl the same 3 stitches again.*p1,Purl 3 stitches together keeping them on the left needle, yo, and Purl the same 3 stitches again* repeat * To last 2 stitches and P2.

Just repeat these rows until the desired length is reached.

6. How you finish them is up to you. I finished on a knit row and turned and instead of purling while casting off I knitted, giving a chunkier edge because I always end up ripping my mitts at the top, while I'm out or running onto a bus or something stupid. Remember to leave a tail while casting off.

7.  To sew these mitts I just used the tail from the cast on and cast off to sew up the sides with the reverse side side facing out. Leaving a gap for my thumb. Woot!! here you have some quick individual finished mitts. 


I hope this entertained you for a hour or two. Best of Luck if you try them.  

No comments:

Post a Comment